Unanswered question

Why does my Link drop wifi connection every day?

My Somfy Link drops connection from my router at random times every day, sometimes several times in a day. It reconnects at some point, without me doing anything.

I can't work out why this is, as no other device drops connection from the same router.

This is annoying as we can't see recent events on the app or use the app to arm/disarm the system.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks.

J B.
J B.

J B.

Level
14 / 100
Answers

colin P.
colin P.

colin P.

Level
11 / 100
Hi JB. Have you resolved this issue I have been experiencing the same problem except the connection does not automatically happen we have to reboot the router. Sometimes this happens in the middle of the night when the internet is not in use ... so not a problem with restricted bandwidth

J B.
J B.

J B.

Level
14 / 100
I've solved it. The Link has very small range and anything less than complete signal means it drops connection. Basically, it can't maintain a signal that goes through a floor.

I've moved the Link to very close to my router. This causes some issues with connection to some sensors as my link is now not in the middle of the house.

Sony needs to improve the Link's sensitivity.

Top of page

© All rights reserved Somfy - Discover all our home automation solutions: home automation wireless, home automation boxes, our home automation partners, home automation engines, install home automation, home automation in the new home, install it home automation, buy your home automation online, the home automation alarm