Unanswered question

How to integrate Alexa with Tahoma?

Hi, I am not able to activate Alexa either from my Tahoma app on my phone or from the desktop interface. i have however enabled the Somfy skill from the Alexa app. But neither is Alexa able to find the device nor is Tahoma giving me the option to activate Alexa. Can you please give a step by step procedure with visuals on how to control somfy roller blinds from Alexa.

Thanks
Gaurav

Answers

Filip B.
Filip B.

Filip B.

Level
11 / 100
Hi, Im trying the same thing and Im stucked the same way as you are. Have you figured that out yet? I would appreciate help.

Thanks

Somfy T.
Somfy T.

Somfy T.

Level
333 / 750

Hello Gaurav,

Alexa cannot discover the individual devices connected to TaHoma. The use of the Alexa skill is with the scenario triggering in TaHoma.

For Alexa to control a device, you would have to set up a scenario for this in TaHoma. Then within the Alexa app you can discover devices and it should show you the scenario you have set up within the Scenes area of Alexa.

TaHoma Scenarios

Alexa Scenes

When using the skill, you need established names for your scenes. You can use the names you already set up. These are shown in the TaHoma app or in the TaHoma web portal in Scenarios and can be changed to suit.

Once you know the name of your scenario/scene, you can say for example:

- "Alexa, turn on Fan On."

- "Alexa, turn on Go Time."

- “Alexa, turn on Lamp Off.”

This in itself is not the most natural way to use voice control though, as having to use the "turn on" phrasing for every scenario can lead to a less than satisfactory user experience. That is why it is recommended to then use the Alexa "Routines" option in the Alexa app, so you can input what it is you wish to say, and link the corresponding scenario to that.

Thanks ☺

Somfy Team

Top of page

© All rights reserved Somfy - Discover all our home automation solutions: home automation wireless, home automation boxes, our home automation partners, home automation engines, install home automation, home automation in the new home, install it home automation, buy your home automation online, the home automation alarm