Unanswered question

myfox security camera

I just purchased two myfox security cameras and can't get them to pair with the app. I followed the directions and tried 50 times. The camera are reset and flashing blue. I go to the app and select a 2.4ghz network and I'll get the QR Code, it will beep and flash white for a bit than switch to blue purpe and than red and will get stuck on red. I have to reset the camera and try again, but it ALWAYS does the same thing. I have tried on my home netwrok and my friends netork with different equipment and the result is the same.

Answers

Somfy T.
Somfy T.

Somfy T.

Level
156 / 750

Hi Marshal,

Have you ensured that the internet connection is correctly configured?

You have mentioned you are connected to the 2.4ghx network and have tried a friends network also.

Can you check the following points as they can be the cause of connection issues that will cause the Camera not to install correctly

• Smartphone connected on the same network

• SSID must not be hidden

• Make sure that your bandwidth is at least 500 Kbps or higher

• Wi-Fi passwords can’t contain to much special characters

• Make sure you are close to the router during installation, you can reposition afterwards.

Thanks,

Somfy Team ☺

Never got it solved, I ended up returning them, and the security system. I think the issue is the firmware in the camera has the camera pointing to an old IP Address and needs to be updated, but it can't update the firmware because the IP address is dead. Chicken before the egg problem.

Top of page

© All rights reserved Somfy - Discover all our home automation solutions: home automation wireless, home automation boxes, our home automation partners, home automation engines, install home automation, home automation in the new home, install it home automation, buy your home automation online, the home automation alarm