Unanswered question

My user name is set as random letters and numbers. How can I change it?

After setting up my Somfy One fo the first time, in the Users list, I am identified by a set of random letters and numbers, rather than by my correct name that I inputted during the setup process. If I go to the Users part of Settings menu, I am shown as a Owner, but I can’t change the name as it is grayed out. How do I update my name in the app?

Steve R.
Steve R.

Steve R.

Level
22 / 100
Answers

Somfy T.
Somfy T.

Somfy T.

Level
75 / 100

Hi Steve.

You need to head to the "My Account" part of the options menu to change your details.

Thanks

Somfy Team ☺

Steve R.
Steve R.

Steve R.

Level
22 / 100
Thanks for looking into this. I’ve tried what you suggest and i can confirm that my name and other details in the My Account area are all shown correctly. However, in the list of Users (e.g. as shown on the main screen of the app), it still shows my name as a random string of letters and numbers.

Somfy T.
Somfy T.

Somfy T.

Level
75 / 100

Hi Steve,

Could you have a go at logging out and then logging back into the app, just to refresh your access to the cloud, see if that clears it up?

Thanks,

Somfy Team ☺

Steve R.
Steve R.

Steve R.

Level
22 / 100
I’ve just signed out from the My Account section of the app, closed the app, restarted it and signed in again. Unfortunately I still have the same problem.

Somfy T.
Somfy T.

Somfy T.

Level
75 / 100

OK, no problem, thanks for trying that.

I've escalated this for you, I'll let you know as soon as we have a resolution.

Thanks,

Somfy Team ☺

Top of page

© All rights reserved Somfy - Discover all our home automation solutions: home automation wireless, home automation boxes, our home automation partners, home automation engines, install home automation, home automation in the new home, install it home automation, buy your home automation online, the home automation alarm