Unanswered question

Please advise which motor to use for a roller blind 3m wide X 2m high?

I use 220 volt single phase

philip B.
philip B.

philip B.

Level
21 / 100
Answers

Somfy T.
Somfy T.

Somfy T.

Level
75 / 100

Hi Philip,

Somfy do not make blinds. We advise that you speak to a Somfy approved installer to discuss your needs with them, and they will be able to choose the correct motor to power your system based on your specifications.

You can find your local Somfy installer by using our dealer map.

Thanks 

Somfy Team

philip B.
philip B.

philip B.

Level
21 / 100
Thank you
I am not looking for a blind but a motor .
Your model 40RTS looks suitable please advise .

Somfy T.
Somfy T.

Somfy T.

Level
75 / 100

Hi Philip,

Our motors are sold only through the trade channel, to assemblers and installers. We do not sell motors on a DIY basis.

Thanks,

Somfy Team.

philip B.
philip B.

philip B.

Level
21 / 100
I am designing the interior of this house . I want the motor details to check if it will fit in the available space .
The blind and curtain motors will be supplied by the curtain company . This is not a DIY operation .
Please confirm that 40 RTS is suitable and send me the data sheet with dimensions .

Somfy T.
Somfy T.

Somfy T.

Level
75 / 100

Hi Philip.

Information about the Sonesse 40RTS can be found on the Somfy website here.

We could not confirm the suitability of a motor as it is the decision of the assembler to select a motor that will be correct for your blind once the fabric, sizes and power requirements have been selected. Motors are not sold for retrofitting or DIY installation due to the many factors to be considered when creating a motorised blind. 

The type of motor an assembler would use in their product changes from customer to customer, and motors are selected with consideration for fabric width, weight, power requirements etc, as they are based on your requirements for your blinds. The overall dimensions of your system will depended on those factors, not the dimensions of the motor that is housed within the roller assembly. The Sonesse 40 RTS is used for motorising many types of blind assemblies however it is a product sold in the trade channel, and any data sheets would be provided to an assembler through the trade support channels.

Thanks, 

Somfy Team.

Top of page

© All rights reserved Somfy - Discover all our home automation solutions: home automation wireless, home automation boxes, our home automation partners, home automation engines, install home automation, home automation in the new home, install it home automation, buy your home automation online, the home automation alarm