Unanswered question

How to stop remote controls losing registration with Axroll RTS controller?

I have an Axroll RTS controller for my garage door, with two Keytis 2 RTS remote controls and one RTS Wall Mounted Switch. The wall mounted switch gets used most often. Approximately every 1 to 2 years, the button that is used the most stops working. The system is programmed to open on one click and close on the next click of just one button. If the door is currently moving, a click stops it.

When a button stops working other buttons that are programmed continue to work. Each time, I go through the sequence of clearing all buttons, then re-programming one button on each hand held remote, and I now program both buttons on the wall mounted unit as this is the one that keeps giving the problem (as it is most used).

Whichever button I choose to use most often on the wall switch loses registration first, while the other button continues to work. Eventually the second button stops working if I do not re-register the buttons.

Why does this happen, and is there any way to prevent this happening?

Richard
Richard

Richard

Level
12 / 100
Answers

Somfy T.
Somfy T.

Somfy T.

Level
-95 / 100

Hi Richard,

Controller : AXROLL RTS CONTROLLER
Transmitters : KEYTIS 2, RTS WALL SWITCH 2 CHANNEL

It appears that the the buttons are going past its security rolling code margin. If you use one transmitter more than the other for long periods of times; the neglected transmitter will go out of sync and stop working.

Somfy Team.

Richard
Richard

Richard

Level
12 / 100
Thank you to the Somfy Team for their answer. Unfortunately their answer did not match the symptoms I had described. In my case the transmitter that is most used that stops working. Also, I have established that on that transmitter, if I program both buttons to do the same thing, and then use one button as the main one, it is that button that fails while the other button continues to work. I assume that the second button would also stop working if I did not reprogram the controller.

It appears that it is the control box not the transmitters is not incrementing its record of the security rolling code. Based on how often this happens and how many times I open and close the garage door, I suspect the code probably rolls through 1024 codes before failure occurs.

Top of page

© All rights reserved Somfy - Discover all our home automation solutions: home automation wireless, home automation boxes, our home automation partners, home automation engines, install home automation, home automation in the new home, install it home automation, buy your home automation online, the home automation alarm