Answered question

How do I get MyFox and Somfy equipment to work with each other?

I own a Somfy set comprising of Outdoor Siren, Somfy One, Two Fobs, Two Intellitags - (1x 2401492A, 1x 2401489A, 2x 2401489A, 2x 2401487A). I have also purchased 3 Motion Sensors separately. All these items have worked perfectly together. I then purchased the MyFox Home Alarm starter kit (1 fob, 1 intellitag, 1 link/repeater, 1 indoor siren). Unfortunately the current Somfy system will not recognise any of the MyFox items (even though you say that the systems work with each other) except for the key fob. I then wiped the whole system, started again by installing first the MyFox items successfully (Link, Indoor Siren, Intellitag) and these were all working fine. I was then able to add the Somfy One to the system but all the rest of the Somfy equipment would not add to the system (the Intellitags or Motion Sensors). Is there something I need to do? Will these items ever work with each other? Somfy states that the items should all work with each other and I am concerned that this is not the case - could you please advise how I can fix this?

Alexander S.
Alexander S.

Alexander S.

Level
25 / 100
Somfy T.

Somfy T.

Level
-403 / 100

Hi Alexander.

The MyFox link cannot be installed as a radio extender as it is not a radio extender. You only require one Link per system/location, so all additional items would need to be connected to the Somfy One only.

Have you ensured the devices are within range of the Somfy One when attempting to install them? Have you also tried new batteries in the MyFox items?

I would also recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app to ensure the most up to date version of the app is installed.

Thanks

Somfy Team

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

Somfy T.
Somfy T.

Somfy T.

Level
-403 / 100

Hi Alexander,

We need a little more information from you to understand this fully, please check your messages.

Thanks.

Somfy Team

Alexander S.
Alexander S.

Alexander S.

Level
25 / 100
I have now emailed a response - I look forward to hearing from yohe

Somfy T.
Somfy T.

Somfy T.

Level
-403 / 100

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for answering my PM.

I can see that your system is connected up to the Somfy One at present, as you advised was originally working correctly.

The MyFox items - the KeyFob, IntelliTAG and Indoor Siren - should connect to the Somfy One no problem. We have confirmed by checking your devices that it shouldn't be a conflict of interest where items are being installed onto separate links. This would mean they could not be reinstalled onto another link without being deleted from the original system (eg. the IntelliTAGs installed onto the Somfy One would not be able to be installed onto the MyFox link without being deleted from the Somfy One first).

Can you confirm if you are getting any error messages during the installation of the MyFox products? Are you attempting to install the items while stood directly next to the Somfy One?

Thanks

Somfy Team

Alexander S.
Alexander S.

Alexander S.

Level
25 / 100
Just tried to install the link (as a radio extender) - no luck - it asks me to plug it in and says there should be a flashing light. I do it. The light is flashing. But it will not proceed. I try the intellitag, it says remove and then insert the battery. I do this - the app will not proceed. I try the siren - it tells me to remove the batteries then reinsert. I do this. The app will not proceed. The Somfy One simply will not recognise the MyFox hardware. Please can you advise?

Top of page

© All rights reserved Somfy - Discover all our home automation solutions: home automation wireless, home automation boxes, our home automation partners, home automation engines, install home automation, home automation in the new home, install it home automation, buy your home automation online, the home automation alarm