Answered question

Cardale Roller Door Not Always Opening

The single width Cardale roller door was installed in 2009. Lately, it has intermittently been stopping after opening about 12 inches and then closing. If I give it gentle assistance, it will open to its full extent.
I have cleaned the channels, the edges of the blind and ensured that the rollers are free.
I have been told that the motor is losing power and that it needs to be replaced. I find that a bit difficult to believe, as, in my experience, motors don't become less efficient over time - they either work or fail completely.
Is this likely to be the case? Is there a limit or load switch that can be adjusted? Or is it simply that the four 2032 batteries in the sensor need changing?
Thanks for your assistance.

Malcolm W.
Malcolm W.

Malcolm W.

Level
23 / 100
Somfy T.

Somfy T.

Level
75 / 100

Hi Malcolm

Somfy motors do not lose power over time, but the issue you are having is indicative of a breakdown of the motor, which it is not something that can be resolved without having an installer having a look for you.

It must also be noted that we supply the garage door motors to the garage door trade with a 5 years’ warranty so your motor will be out of its warranty period now and as the product is obsolete, it is not fully supported by garage door installers. It is advisable to replace both the motor and control panel due to these various factors.

Somfy Team.

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

Somfy T.
Somfy T.

Somfy T.

Level
75 / 100

This door appears to be an old PDT system which is now obsolete. I would advise you to contact a garage door installer to come onsite and resolve this problem. You can find a local company from one of the retailers listed here: -
https://www.somfy.co.uk/find-a-point-of-sale
or
http://www.rollixo.co.uk/where-to-buy/
This panel has been replaced by the Rollixo.

Somfy Team

Malcolm W.
Malcolm W.

Malcolm W.

Level
23 / 100
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, however, finding out that the system is obsolete doesn't actually answer the question.
Do Somfy motors lose power over time? If so, then I accept that I'll need to have a replacement fitted. If not, then I clearly don't wish to have a new one fitted, as has been quoted by a local supplier, to find that it doesn't solve the problem.
Please advise. Thanks.

Malcolm W.
Malcolm W.

Malcolm W.

Level
23 / 100
Thank you for your reply. I'll check with the local installer and see what can be done.

Best regards,

Top of page

© All rights reserved Somfy - Discover all our home automation solutions: home automation wireless, home automation boxes, our home automation partners, home automation engines, install home automation, home automation in the new home, install it home automation, buy your home automation online, the home automation alarm