Answered question

Re-configuring remote control buttons?

When we first had our blinds installed a short press of the remote control up or down button made the blinds open or close completely. Now we have to keep the buttons pressed for the blinds to move. How can we solve this problem?

Andy K.
Andy K.

Andy K.

Level
14 / 100
Somfy T.

Somfy T.

Level
156 / 750

Hi Andy,

It sounds like your blinds may be in tilt mode as the mechanism in your blinds is used in Roman blinds and also in Venetian Blinds so I would like you to try the process below to take the blind out of tilt mode and hopefully resolve this for you.

1. Select the channel for one of your blinds, and take the blind to about halfway closed (very important it is not at the very top or bottom limits when completing the next step).

2. Press and hold the up and down buttons together until the blind jogs and then release.

3. Press and hold the My and down buttons together until the blind jogs and then release.

This should take the blind out of tilt mode, so test the blind by pressing the up or down button briefly to see if it will send the blind all the way to the top or bottom.

If successful, complete the steps above on the second blind.

Thanks,

Somfy Team

Did you find this useful ?

No (8)

Yes (3)

27%

27% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

Somfy T.
Somfy T.

Somfy T.

Level
156 / 750

Hi Andy,

I have a couple of questions to try and get a better idea of your equipment and how we can resolve this.

What type of blind do you have installed in your home? Roller / Venetian / Roman?

Has there been any programming of the remote recently that may have altered the mode the remote is currently in?

What remote do you have to operate your blinds? Is this occurring on all blinds?

Thanks,

Somfy Team

Andy K.
Andy K.

Andy K.

Level
14 / 100
Hi

The answer to your questions are as follows.

1 The blinds are Ultra smart pleated blinds. They are made of a honeycombed material which concertinas up when drawn. I guess the mechanism is the same as a Roman blind.

2 There has not been any programming done recently that I am aware of but we have been having problems with our WiFi connection recently which has affected our Somfy Connexoon. This is now resolved and the blinds can be opened and closed using the app but since then the issue with the remote has occurred.

3 We have a Somfy telis 4 remote. This controls 2 blinds (one channel for each blind individually and one channel for both at once).
The problem is occurring on all three channels.

Thanks for answering so quickly, I hope these answers help you to get a solution to my problem.

Top of page

© All rights reserved Somfy - Discover all our home automation solutions: home automation wireless, home automation boxes, our home automation partners, home automation engines, install home automation, home automation in the new home, install it home automation, buy your home automation online, the home automation alarm