Answered question

How do I configure the selective motion detection of the Somfy Security Camera?

How do I configure the selective motion detection of the Somfy Security Camera?

Somfy T.
Somfy T.

Somfy T.

Level
156 / 750
Somfy T.
Somfy T.

Somfy T.

Level
156 / 750

When your Security Camera detects movement, you receive an e-mail and a notification on your smartphone.
If you have coupled your Security Camera to a Home Alarm system, the siren is triggered and you receive an SMS in addition to an e-mail and a notification.
The selective motion detection of the Security Camera is compatible with anti-animal detection thanks to the sensitivity settings and exclusion zones.

Caution: the selective motion detection is only activated of the Security Camera is installed in the “Somfy Protect” mobile app.

How do I configure the selective motion detection?
To configure the selective motion detection of your Somfy Security Camera, open the Somfy Protect app then access the “Settings” menu then “My equipment”.
Then select the camera for which you would like to activate or deactivate the motion detection. Then press “Motion detection”. The motion detection settings screen enables you to configure three levels.

1. Activation or deactivation of motion detection
You will be notified (by e-mail, notification and SMS (if Home Alarm linked)) or not when the cameras detect movement.
2. Detection sensitivity
Thanks to the detection sensitivity, you can refine the threshold from which a movement triggers an alert. Low sensitivity (cat illustration) reduces the detection threshold and only large movements will trigger an alert. In contrast, high sensitivity (goldfish illustration) increases the trigger threshold.
3. Detection zone
You can exclude certain areas of the screen in order to focus detection on your windows, doors and other critical areas. By pressing the rectangles, you will shade out the zones which will not trigger an alert. The clear zones will feedback the movements detected and you will be notified.

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Top of page

© All rights reserved Somfy - Discover all our home automation solutions: home automation wireless, home automation boxes, our home automation partners, home automation engines, install home automation, home automation in the new home, install it home automation, buy your home automation online, the home automation alarm